If you have any feedback on the questions below – or any other comments on how to improve access to data for Wales or how to maximise the use of existing data for research purposes please email Tanvi Desai on Tanvi.Desai@wales.gsi.gov.uk by Wednesday 4th April 2012.
- do you have any problems accessing the data you need for your work/research on Wales?
- if you do, is this because
® as far as you know the data you need do not exist?
® the data do exist, but are not accessible?
® the data exist, are accessible, but you do not have the necessary infrastructure (eg. sufficient processing, computing power to analyse data, adequate set up to safeguard sensitive data)Please provide as much detail as possible on the following:
- Description of data you believe do not exist;
- Name and source of any datasets you have difficulty accessing;
- The nature of the access difficulty (is it cost, timeliness, restrictions on the level of detail etc?);
- Any infrastructure that could help your work whether you need more processing and storage space on IT systems, an area where sensitive data can be analysed securely (eg. a safe room), more information on available data etc.